Thursday, September 17, 2009

Preschool!

Jenna started preschool this week with three of her friends from the neighborhood/church. The moms are rotating having it at our homes. As you can see she was so excited for her first day, although she was admittedly a little confused as to the purpose of preschool.

Me: Jenna, here we are at preschool!
Jenna: Why?
Me: So you can learn new things, like letters and numbers, and spend time with your friends.
Jenna: Why?
Me: Because I thought you would enjoy it.
Jenna: Why?
(walking up to the door, distractions...)
Me: Be good and have fun. I'll be back to pick you up in a little bit.
The next day as I was dishing out the McDonald's lunch - which I'm not ashamed to admit because, c'mon, most of us have fed our kids the stuff, and besides, I got the APPLE DIPPERS, which made it o.k. - Jenna proved her new skills by saying " 'A' is for 'Apple'... I did that at preschool." Yes! Hooray for preschool!!

3 comments:

Libby said...

Too cute! I feel like I have been trying to teach Zoe the letters, their sounds, etc... for a long time and after the first day of preschool Zoe went up to our fridge and found the A and told me, "This is an A!" I guess it's different when it comes from someone else. So fun! And, by the way, Zoe loves Happy Meals! It's part of childhood!

Kami said...

It's about time you updated your blog! :) Jenna is so sweet. Matthew couldn't believe that was her. He is positive that she is too young for preschool. Everyone is growing up too fast!

The Hill Family said...

Finally catching up on everyone's lives...I can't believe she is old enough for preschool!! How is it going? I definately want to start something like that for Carter...maybe some sort of playgroup now and preschool next year. Hope you guys had a great Turkey Day!